Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today instead of running we went for a hike with the kids in the San Felasco Hammock. I am still getting over a nasty sinus infection and this just seemed like a much more pleasant option.

Today is mother's day which always makes me appreciative of all the love I have in my life.

It started out with sleeping in and presents in bed.

Then the text messages started to arrive. Some from the girls I coach and others from relatives and friends. I just feel so much love...so much positive energy-yes!

On to our hiking adventure. My family always lets me choose to spend Mother's day any way I want. I decided that it would be nice to start the day with a hike. B.Emmett agreed. We loaded the van with dogs and children headed out for an adventure.

As we hiked two groups quickly separated. First was the boys off and running with dad. They also had their chihuahua in tow.

Next there was the girls with B.Emmett our protector. He takes his job seriously. He loves his littlest girl Soso very much.

The nicest part of the hammock is the things we encounter along the way. We saw a deer which actually paused long enough to give us a chance to really see her.

Back in the car B.Emmett spent the rest of the ride harassing the chihuahua. The chihuahua cannot stand B.Emmett because he is so big. B.Emmett does things like lay down just close enough to invade the chihuahua's personal space. When the chihuahua lets a little rumbling growl escape from his mouth B.Emmett merely yawns and places his head one inch closer to the chihuahua. 

Anyone that has ever lived with a doberman understands that they are born comedians and love to push the limit.

It was a great way to start the day! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment